How you can help a new parent
Your friend has just had a baby! Here’s some ideas of how you can help:
- Drop off a homemade meal
- Take them some snacks
- Offer to watch their baby whilst they have a shower
- Offer to come over and do some cleaning
- When visiting, take snacks and put the kettle on yourself, so they don’t have to host you.
- If they have other children, offer to mind them for a few hours or take them to the playground to give your friend a break
- Ask them how they’re feeling and listen openly without giving advice
- Don’t overstay your welcome – understand when they need their space back!
- Let them know they’re doing an amazing job!